FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Standard plastic frames for reading glasses are only used for cheap frames with lower quality.
- The PantoGlasses (cellulose) acetate frames are cut and polished to expose the deep true color of the material.
- All our models are CE certified.
- The rimless frames in the PantoGlasses collection are made of 100% titanium. Super thin and ultra light, although strong. Allergy free.
- The Oxford metal frames are made with Stainless Steel, both the silver and the gold colored one. Some of these are fitted with a Windsor ring in acetate, which is the original true panto design.
Yes, the frames are offered to opticians all over the world. Please ask your local optician to consider to carry these products for his store, so that you can also try them on there.
The frames are designed in Norway, based on classic shapes of panto from old times and more modern models. Produced by some of Chinas highest quality manufacturers.
No, most of the time not directly. The refraction of the light is slightly different in contact lenses and glasses, and the fact that a lens has no distance to the eye/cornea also gives a slightly different result – the bigger difference the higher the strength.
To adjust the length of the temples, the easiest is to visit an optician. They are the experts. You MAY also heat it the end of the temple with warm water or with a hair dryer, but there is a risk of breaking it or burning it if you hold the air stream too long in position.
The prescription is the description of the refraction needed to give you an optimal vision. It is described in diopters (D), with a minus – first for those who are myopic/shortsighted, a plus + for those who are hyperopic/farsighted. Addition (add) for the difference between far distance vision and reading vision is always starting with a plus +, typically from +1,00D to +2,50D, while for computer glasses the add is typically +1,75D.
Astigmatism/cylinder (cyl) is typically described starting with a minus -, followed by the direction of the cyl, described as axis (axe).
We offer free shipping, in about 20-25 days. If you prefer to have the glasses shipped in 1-2 weeks, we offer the professional express shipping by DHL for a fixed subsidized price.
The glasses are finished in production in a few days. When shipping, we supply you the tracking number, either with DHL or SF-express.
In case there should be any information missing, or we need to check out some details on your info or order, the phone number is very useful.
If, for some reason, there should be any defects for the glasses, you get a replacement the first 2 months.
We keep your personal info safe, and do not share it with anyone outside our organization.
After the age of 45, most people will need reading glasses. However, looking at far distance with these, everything gets blurred. In the progressive glasses, there is a zone in the lower part of the lens, where you naturally look through when reading. In the upper/straight ahead zone of the lens, you have no optical refraction for those who do not need glasses for distance, or the prescription for others. You may keep the glasses on all day, or in situations where this is needed.
The optician, optometrist or opthalmolog are the experts on eye examinations. When you do the test, you pay for their skilled work, and the result, the prescription is you property – or a copy of it.
PayPal, VISA and MasterCard are accepted.
- Panto glasses are by definition not so big frames. #47 is the “one size fits all”.
- If you have a small face, if you prefer the smallest size or have strong glasses, the #45 is available in some models.
- #49 is the choice if you prefer a rather big Panto. Even bigger sizes than 49 mm width of the glass would not look right for this style.
Typically it take up to 5 days to complete your order. Shipping time with our partner DHL is 2-5 days, meaning it will normally take 7-10 business days from you place your order till you have your new glasses. For free shipping, the shipping time is typically 15-20 days.
You will register your prescription from your local optician in your account on PantoGlasses, together with address and contact information. When/if you want to revert to us for additional products or others, we will have your information safely registered. Your account is like having a analog or digital file with your optician. We will never share this information with anyone. If you decide to buy PantoGlasses without saving your information, this is of course also possible.